About This Tour
Coal Harbour e-Tour
Gray Line Westcoast Sightseeing brings you Coal Harbour e-Tours, an environmentally-friendly cruise through Vancouver’s Inner Harbour.
Creating zero air or water pollution, we will carry you over the waters for a 30-minute tour on one of our ultra quiet, twelve-passenger electric boats, enjoying sights of the towering North Shore Mountains and the glimmering Vancouver City skyline. Passing by Stanley Park for the perfect view of the Vancouver Seawall and the bustling Port of Vancouver, your Captain Guide will be sure to fill you in on all the highlights of Vancouver, the rich history and architecture, the significant landmarks and events, spinning a tale of our amazing city you are sure to remember for years to come.
During your tour, you’ll see some of Vancouver’s top highlights, including :
- Stanley Park Vancouver – Created in 1886, it was Vancouver’s first official greenspace. It’s no stranger to accolades, as Stanley Park was designated as the Top Park in the Entire World by Tripadvisor, and the Best Running Spot in Canada by Running Magazine!
- Stanley Park Pavilion – Built in 1911, the Pavilion is the park’s most recognizable building, housing a restaurant a bar, as well as a turn of the century ballroom that can host as many as 300 guests.
- Port of Vancouver – As Canada’s largest port, the numbers are impressive. Trading with 130 foreign economies, roughly 142 million tonnes of cargo pass through the port annually with a value of $200 billion!
- Vancouver’s 9 o’clock Gun – Originally fired at 6:00 PM Sundays to indicate the close of hours for salmon fishing, the gun has been firing daily for over 120 years! It even has its own Twitter account, tweeting “BOOM” everyday at 9:00 PM.
- Deadman Island & HMCS Discovery – Rich with history, the island has been a battle site, the location of a smallpox quarantine, and the site of Vancouver’s first ever reading of the Riot Act. Before settlers arrived, the island was a cemetery for the Squamish First Nations people. They constructed boxes of Red Cedar for the bodies of loved ones and suspended them from the branches of the trees.
- Vancouver Rowing Club – Established in 1886, the Vancouver Rowing Club is one of the city’s oldest athletic clubs with over 130 years of history! It’s not just for rowing athletes, the club also supports rugby, field hockey and of course yachting.
Prices include applicable taxes. Additional fees may be applicable at the time of booking.